The CFML World is a large and varied one. This is a brief guide to some of the more significant parts of it.
What is CFML?
The acronym CFML stands for ColdFusion Markup Language, however this is a misnomer as CFML is far more than a markup language - it is a very powerful tag-based scripting language, capable of anything you can throw at it. Another way of looking at it, CFML is a productivity layer for Java, providing a simple interface to quickly and easily perform complex operations without needing to delve into the murky depths of Java code (unless you want to).
CFML is an Open Standard, controlled by the recently formed CFML Advisory Committee, which defines what is considered part of the Core language and what is an extension.
These are a selection of resources in each category. It is by no means an exhaustive list, but is intended as a starting point for anyone wanting to find out more about CFML.
Forums & Mailing Lists
Tutorials / Learning
- Adobe MAX
- Adobe technology conference.
- Enterprise ColdFusion conference.
- UK ColdFusion Developer conference.
- Premier ColdFusion technical conference.
- Scotch on the Rocks
- European ColdFusion conference.
- Spring <br>
- Ohio-based web development conference.
- Australian web technology conference.
- Adobe Livedocs
- Adobe's ColdFusion documentation.
- CF Docs on Air
- AIR-based CF documentation.
- CFML Docs for iPod
- iPod-based CF documentation.
- Ajax-based ColdFusion documentation.
- Flex-based ColdFusion documentation.
- CFML Engine Wiki
- A comparison of the different CFML engines.
- Adobe Feeds (AXNA)
- Adobe Xml News Aggregator, with over two thousand blogs relating to Adobe technologies.
- Full As A Goog
- An RIA blog aggregator focused on Adobe products.
- Another RIA aggregator, covering both Adobe and Microsoft technologies, by Neil Middleton.
- A CF-focused aggregator, controlled by Ray Camden.